The Vox listserv is the best way to stay up to date on all of our activities as well as on reproductive rights news from around the country and the world. To be added to the Vox listserv, e-mail email@example.com.
Check out our group on The Facebook!
About Vox: Vox (the Latin word for "voice") is a national organization of pro-choice student groups on college campuses. The OSU chapter was formed in Autumn 2002.
Vox meets every other Wednesday at 6:30. Membership is open to all members of the Ohio State community, including undergraduates, graduates, faculty, staff, and university community members.
Our Mission Statement: Vox: Voices for Planned Parenthood at the Ohio State University exists to educate the university community about reproductive health and rights, to translate increased awareness into pro-choice activism on campus, and to serve as a coalition partner to state, national, and international reproductive rights efforts.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is the world's largest and most trusted voluntary reproductive health care organization. Founded in 1916 as America's first birth control clinic, Planned Parenthood believes in everyone's right to choose when or whether to have a child, that every child should be wanted and loved, and that women should be in charge of their own destinies.
What We Do: Vox hosts regular events and programs to realize our mission statement. Past activities include:
We welcome all ideas for future programming. Is there something you'd like to see on campus? Tell us about it!
- Panel discussions and film screenings on choice-related issues
- Sending six buses to the March for Women’s Lives in Washington, DC
- Annual trips to the reproductive rights conference at Hampshire College in Amherst, MA
- Demonstrations against anti-choice groups on campus
- Distributing information about safe sex and emergency contraception
- Fundraising parties for abortion access funds
- Meeting with legislators and figures such as Senator John Glenn and Dr. Sarah Weddington, the lawyer who won Roe v. Wade
- Messaging retreats to build our skills as pro-choice activists
To find out more about our organization, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last meeting of the quarter: Wednesday May 23rd at 6:30pm in CC240.
Members of Vox with Senator John Glenn and Dr. Sarah Weddington, 2006
If you have medical questions, or if you would like to schedule an appointment with the nearest Planned Parenthood affiliate health center, call toll-free
Planned Parenthood affilate health centers provide culturally competent, high quality, affordable health care to millions of diverse women, men, and teens every year. Planned Parenthood welcomes everyone, regardless of race, age, disability, sexual orientation, or income.